The UK government has revealed plans to allow fans of football to watch live events next month.
In a letter written to a Conservative MP from the Department of Culture, Media and Sport, the government said that the number permitted would be reduced to between 1,000 to 2,500 instead of the initial plan for 30 percent of the venue.
Nigel Huddleston of the Department of Culture, Media and Sport wrote to fellow Conservative MP and former Sports Minister Tracey Crouch, underlining the plan to continue to open sporting events for a small number of spectators from October 1, 2020.
Part of the letter reads:
“I know how important this is for sports clubs for whom paying spectators are vital,’ Huddleston wrote to Crouch. ‘Subject to public health conditions, we hope to open elite sport fixtures including the National League for socially distanced spectators under COVID-secure conditions from October 1.”
Significant news for the return of fans!
Despite last week's announcement, the DCMS hope to reopen elite sport fixtures from 1 October.
This letter was sent to Tracey Crouch MP today by Nigel Huddleston, the Minister for Sport, Tourism and Heritage. pic.twitter.com/lMzIG58L9T
— Ollie Bayliss (@Ollie_Bayliss) September 14, 2020
- Tonto Dikeh Says She Is Heartbroken Over Her Son Being So Close To His Nanny - September 18, 2020
- Tonto Dikeh Flaunts Newly-Acquired G Wagon [PHOTOS] - September 18, 2020
- ‘High School Musical’ Star Ashley Tisdale Expecting First Child With Christopher French - September 18, 2020