United States President Donald Trump and his doctor have denied that his visit to Walter Reed last year was due to him suffering a mini-stroke.
The denial was made on Tuesday, September 1, 2020, and comes following questions raised about Trump’s health, with a reference to a “series of mini-strokes”.
Responding, President Trump’s physician Dr. Sean Conley revealed that the U.S. leader “has not experienced nor been evaluated for” any strokes, mini-strokes, or cardiovascular emergencies.
“The President remains healthy and I have no concerns about his ability to maintain the rigorous schedule ahead of him. As stated in my last report, I expect him to remain fit to execute the duties of the Presidency,” Conley had said.
Trump had slammed those questioning his health, saying:
“It never ends! Now they are trying to say that your favorite President, me, went to Walter Reed Medical Center, having suffered a series of mini-strokes. Never happened to THIS candidate – FAKE NEWS.”
A new report in New York Times reporter Michael Schmidt’s book (released on Tuesday) had focused on Trump’s unexpected visit to Walter Reed last year, with the writer stating:
“Word went out in the West Wing for the vice president to be on standby to take over the powers of the presidency temporarily if Trump had to undergo a procedure that would have required him to be anesthetized.”
The report had subsequently raised questions about Trump’s health and Vice President Mike Pence had told Fox News:
“I’m always informed of the President’s movements — whether it was on that day or any other day, I’m informed. But there was no, there was nothing out of the ordinary about that moment or that day.
I don’t recall being told to be on standby. I was informed that the President had a doctor’s appointment. Part of this job is you’re always on standby, you’re vice president of the United States.”