The National convention of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) has been scheduled to hold in Port Harcourt, Rivers state.
The decision was taken at the NEC meeting which just ended at the national headquarters of the party in Abuja on Friday.
The PDP also highlights its resolutions at the 82nd NEC Meeting as regards the conduct of the Osun State governorship election:
- The NEC condemned the process of the Osun State governorship election as most fraudulent and completely unacceptable.
- NEC laments the collusion of the All Progressives Congress (APC), security agencies and the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to subvert the electoral process.
- NEC condemns, in the strongest terms, the role played by security agencies in undermining the will of the people and converting themselves into tools of intimidation and providing cover for the @OfficialAPCNg to rig the Osun Governorship election.
- NEC cautions that with the trend of electoral violence and manipulations of processes by the @OfficialAPCNg, the political ship of our nation is on a dangerous tide and must be rescued.
- NEC particularly warns against allowing the current INEC leadership under Prof. Mahmood Yakubu to continue in office as it has shown it cannot conduct a free, fair and credible election at any level.
- Furthermore, NEC expresses the readiness of the PDP to engage democratic stakeholders all over the world towards achieving a credible free and fair general election in February 2019.
- NEC assures Nigerians that the PDP remains steady on the political space and urges them to remain committed to the ideals of our party, especially as we march to victory in 2019.