Owo Massacre: Akeredolu Confirms Arrest Of Attackers
The Ondo state governor, Rotimi Akeredolu confirmed the arrest of some of the attackers of St Francis Catholic Church in Owo, Ondo State.
TalkGlitz Media earlier reported that the Defence Headquarters had said the Nigerian military arrested the killers of 40 worshippers at the Catholic Church on June 5.
The Chief of Defence Staff, General Lucky Irabor, stated this on Tuesday during a media parley at the Defence Headquarters, Abuja.
Irabor disclosed that the attackers were arrested by the military in collaboration with other security agencies, adding that the suspects would be paraded after the ongoing investigation had been concluded on the matter.
Speaking to reporters in Akure on Tuesday, Akeredolu disclosed that the suspects were arrested last week and he has seen the photographs of the suspects.
The governor said five of the attackers were arrested by the security operatives, adding that they were on the trail of the other suspects.
He said “I can confirm what the CDS have said. They were arrested last week and the photographs of the suspects were forwarded to me.
“About five of them have been arrested while they’re on the trail of others.”