Fire Razes Warehouse In Lagos

A in the early hours of Tuesday destroyed a warehouse on 118 Broad street, in the CMS area of Victoria Island, Lagos State.

Fire Razes Warehouse In Lagos



According to the eyewitness, the incident occurred at about 8 am with several items, mostly shoes burnt to ashes.

The Permanent Secretary, Olufemi oke- Osanyintolu, of Lagos Emergency Management Agency, LASEMA, confirmed the incident in a statement on Tuesday.

He stated that the fire was caused by a power surge when electricity was restored, adding that there was no casualty recorded in the incident.

Oke-Osanyintolu said, “The agency responded to the fire incident on 118 Broad Street, which was relayed to through the toll-free 112 emergency number this morning.

“On arrival at the above scene of the incident, it was discovered that a room in a warehouse where shoes are stored was destroyed by fire. The fire ignited as a result of a power surge when electricity was restored.

“Fortunately, there was no casualty in the incident. The agency’s response team alongside LRU fire, Fire Service, and Federal Fire Service are responders at the scene of the incident working together to put out the fire. The operation is ongoing.”

Join our Telegram Group

Follow talkGlitz on Instagram TalkGlitz on Twitter

Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More