EURO 2020: Portugal, France, Germany To Battle In The Same Group – See Full Draw
In a break to tradition, many of the group positions were decided before the draw took place.
Due to the unique nature of next year’s tournament (it will be hosted in 12 countries), qualified hosts had been allocated to a group prior to the event.
To confuse matters further, there are 16 teams still looking to book their place in the tournament, and they will compete in separate playoff paths for the four final positions up for grabs.
The groups can therefore not be confirmed in concrete until all qualifying is over on March 31.
The draw has attracted criticism due to its confusing nature. Belgium, for example, knew three of its opponents ahead of the draw.
The European Championship final will be at Wembley Stadium in London on July 12.
Full Euro 2020 draw
- Group A: Turkey, Italy, Wales, Switzerland
- Group B: Denmark, Finland, Belgium, Russia
- Group C: Holland, Ukraine, Austria, playoff winner D
- Group D: England, Croatia, Czech Republic, playoff winner C
- Group E: Spain, Sweden, Poland, playoff winner B
- Group F: Portugal, France, Germany, playoff winner A