International Students In The UK Can Now Switch To Skilled Worker Visa – See How!

The new rules for the skilled workers visa no longer require applicants to have a degree level qualification. Once your job is approved by the Home Office, you'll be eligible for an instant conversion from the student route visa to the skilled worker visa.

International Students In The UK Can Now Switch To Skilled Worker Visa - See How!Recently, the has changed the eligibility criteria for their Skilled Worker Visa so that international students who are already in the UK can apply.

Officially, skilled worker visa applicants don’t need a degree to apply as per recent changes. If an applicant can secure a job offer from an employer that’s approved by the Home Office, they can then switch from the student route visa to the skilled worker one immediately without having to finish their degree.

International students are increasingly opting for the Graduate Apprenticeship Route as a cheaper and faster way to get full-time employment in the UK. The graduate route, on the other hand, requires students to pay expensive course fees and maintenance before entering the job market.

Related Posts

To qualify for a Skilled Worker visa, you must:

  • work for a UK employer that’s been approved by the Home Office
  • have a ‘certificate of sponsorship’ from your employer with information about the role you’ve been offered in the UK
  • do a job that’s on the list of eligible occupations
  • be paid a minimum salary – how much depends on the type of work you do

You must also be able to speak, read, write and understand English. You’ll usually need to prove your knowledge of English when you apply.

You cannot apply to switch to this visa if you’re currently in the UK:

  • on a visit visa
  • on a short-term student visa
  • on a Parent of a Child Student visa
  • on a seasonal worker visa
  • on a domestic worker in a private household visa
  • on immigration bail
  • because you were given permission to stay outside the immigration rules, for example on compassionate grounds

International Students In The UK Can Now Switch To Skilled Worker Visa - See How!How much will it cost
When you apply for a Skilled Worker visa, you’ll need to have enough money to:

  • pay the application fee – the standard fee ranges from £625 to £1,423 depending on your circumstances
  • pay the healthcare surcharge – this is usually £624 per year

You’ll pay a lower application fee if your job is on the shortage occupation list.

If you’re applying from inside the UK to extend, switch or update your visa, the standard fee depends on whether you’ll be in the UK for:

  • up to 3 years – £719 per person
  • more than 3 years – £1,423 per person

If you’ve been in the UK for less than 1 year, you’ll also need to prove you have enough money to support yourself- you’ll usually need to have at least £1,270 available in your bank account.

You will need to have had the money available for at least 28 days in a row. Day 28 must be within 31 days of applying for this visa.

Join our Telegram Group

Follow talkGlitz on Instagram TalkGlitz on Twitter

Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More