How To Apply And Process Visa To Canada From Nigeria
This article shows the steps and processes for applying for a Canadian Visa from Nigeria.
In this blog post, you will learn how about Visitor visa and how to apply for it.
The Canadian Visitor Visa serves similar purposes as the UK Visitor Visas. Also called Temporary Resident Visa (TRV), it is a conditional authorization granted by the Canadian government for visiting Canada for leisure or business or travelling as a parent or grandparent of a permanent Canadian resident (this services is provided under the Super visa TRV).
For visiting Canada for other purposes not catered for by the Canadian Visitor visa or TRV, one would need to apply for any of the four other Canadian visas: Study Permits, Work Permits, or Permanent Travel Document. Articles on these visa types will be released soon, so watch out. But now, let’s look at the steps for applying for Canadian Visitor visa.
How to Apply for Canadian Visitor Visa in Nigeria
Generally there are two method of application namely: online base and paper based application. Now let me explain the application procedure for each method.
Canada Visa Application in Nigeria | Online Base Method
Visit this link and click on the ‘Check your eligibility’ button.
Fill the online application form to know if you are eligible for the Canadian Visitor visa and to create a personal checklist of all the documents that you need to submit with your application form.
Review your answers and first print the ‘Your Document Checklist’ then follow the processes highlight in the ‘steps’ on the page.
Now Visit the online application portal HERE to register and login with your credentials.
Scan all your application supporting document and upload in your application dashboard. Once you have successfully uploaded all the application supporting document, you will then continue to a page where you can pay your visa fee with a credit/Debit Card.
After step 5 is completed, you will be able to print application confirmation letter and biometrics letter. Your international passport and these letter are to be taken to the Visa Application Centre (VAC) for biometrics.
Canada Visa Application in Nigeria | Paper Base Method
Download and Fill the Canadian visa application form and Family information form.
Click here to download Visitor Visa application form
Click here to download Family information form
Take the filled forms and other application Supporting Documents to the Visa Application Centre (VAC).
Canada Visa Application Document Requirements
- As already mentioned above the following forms must be filled and either scanned or printed for submission at the VAC.
- Application for Temporary Resident Visa (IMM 5257): This form must be filled with a good pdf reader, I recommend adobe reader. A bar code should be successfully generated for the form to be acceptable.
- Family Information form. Must be completed by those aged 18 years or older: No need to generate bar-code after filling this form.
- Passport Data page
- 2 passport photograph white background.
- Proof of Financial Support.
- 4 Months statement of account.
- Pay slip
- Landed property document and car proof of ownership documents etcetera.
- Photocopy of your Marriage License/Certificate.
- Hotel Reservation:In the case where you have no one to invite you, you will need a valid hotel booking as proof of accommodation arrangement. Your hotel booking should be valid and should be verifiable if the embassy calls the hotel. Many hotels will cancel your booking once payment is not received within 24 hours after booking, this could lead to visa refusal. Also, we would not encourage spending lots of money to book hotel when you have not received your visa. We have a solution for the hotel booking which you should see in order not to fall victim.
- Flight Reservation:
Your forms (including the barcoded sheets) can only be printed on a white, bond, non-glossy paper, using a laser printer.
Canada Uses a third party company for collection of visa application documents. Visa Application Centre (VAC) is operated by VFS GLOBAL.
You cannot submit your application by mail to the Visa Application Centre (VAC) in Nigeria because you will have to give your biometrics before you submit your application and your biometrics will be given at the CVA.
Canada Embassy Uses a third party company for collection of visa application documents. Visa Application Centre (VAC) is operated by VFS GLOBAL.
The addresses of the VFS GLOBAL in Nigeria are:
Lagos: VFS Global, Manor House, Plot 110, Admiral Ayinla Way, (Opposite Treasure Garden Estate, 3rd Roundabout, Lekki-Epe Expressway) Lekki Phase I, Lagos.
Abuja: VFS Global France Visa Application Centre, 38, Lobito Crescent, Wuse-2. Abuja.
Finally, hand submit your application at the VCA and obtain a receipt. This receipt contains a unique tracking number which you will need to track the progress of your application online.
Kindly note that you should not address your letters such as company introduction letter or bank reference letter etcetera to VFS GLOBAL. All letters should be addressed to the Visa officer at the Canadian Embassy. For CANADA embassy address, please click here.
Find this post helpful, Please Drop a comment and also hit the share button to let friend and family benefit from it.